'Pastafarian' wins religious freedom right to wear pasta strainer for driving licence

An Austrian has won the right to be photographed wearing a pasta strainer for his driving licence on grounds of religious freedom.

Niko Alm announced the decision on his blog saying that after three years of struggle a psychologist had passed him fit drive and so he could wear the kitchen implement for the official picture.

A self-styled "pastafarian", Mr Alm said he belonged to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which lampooned religion. "Today I was able to get my new driving licence, and in it you can clearly see that I'm wearing a colander on my head to demonstrate my allegiance to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster," Mr Alm wrote in his blog.ReadMore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revealed: Employee and manager at centre of salacious resignation email that accused them of having sex in the office

ޕިއްލޭގެ ޤައުމީ ފުޓްބޯޅަޓީމ